Jeff and Jessica

Jeff and Jessica

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

February...

It is so hard to believe that it is already February. I remember starting this process thinking that we would at least know the specifics of our children, however here we sit with nothing. I have had a really hard time lately with everyone asking do you have your kids? When will they get here? Why is it taking so long? Along with a million other questions with most of them being things that we can't answer. The longer we wait the more our hearts long to see there precious faces. My husband and I are just continuing to pray and pray and pray some more for our children. We know that God has great timing or should I say PERFECT timing, but we continue to struggle with the desire to have them here. Jeff and I have friends who completed there adoption from Ethiopia several months ago, I feel like they are the only people on the planet that understand the pain that we feel. She always tells me that it is one of the hardest things that you will ever do, but once you see them you would do it over a million times. She also reminds me that God is not only working on my heart, but also preparing there hearts for us. It is just crazy how awesome God is and how as I said before everything is all in perfect timing. Enough about how much we long for our children, we know all know that all of us adoptive parents feel the same! Jeff is still working in French Lick, Indiana at the church plant Restoration Christian Church which is really going well. We just started our children's program which has been taking up a lot of our time recently. We love it there and everything that God is doing in the lives of us and the people there. However, we are still working on raising support as he is not getting paid during this planting phase. Last weekend Jeff and I celebrated Valentines Day a little early as I have to work on February 14. We went to the indoor water park in French Lick which was a really nice little getaway for us. That is basically our life lately. This month we hope to get approved for some grants to help bring our babies home. I will leave with one last comment that my husband said the other night which shows how much we long for our kiddos. "It's 11:11pm right now in DR Congo where our kids are and my wish and prayer is they are tucked in a bed dreaming of us the way we dream of them"

1 comment:

  1. can i cry a little tear, please?
    waiting with you....praying for you.
    love you two mucho.

    ReplyDelete